Obituary of David Lundstrom
David B. Lundstrom, 88, died February 13, 2018 from a fall at his home on Graffenburg Rd. where he lived with his family for 53 years. He was born on March 14, 1929 in Little Falls, the son of the late Carl B. and Helen Whitehead Lundstrom. He was a graduate of Little Falls High School and Syracuse University.
David served in the Army from 1951-1954. He joined Crucible Steel in 1955. In 1956 he married Sara Lyon of Mohawk. They moved to Pittsburgh, PA with Crucible and from there they were transferred throughout New England with their two children. Ten years later, after his father's death, David moved back to the Mohawk Valley to help with the family business, Lundstrom Laboratories in Herkimer and later, Frankfort. David was a member of the New Hartford Presbyterian Church and a former member of the Herkimer County IDA and Herkimer Rotary.
The return to the Mohawk Valley was a gift. David loved being near more family, loved Little Falls where he grew up, loved the Adirondacks, where he had camped as a young camper, and could spend his summers on Fourth Lake. He loved skiing, loved Graffenburg Hill and a place to raise his children and live life.
David is survived by his wife Sara, a daughter Susan Lundstrom of Arlington, MA, a son Peter, and daughter in law Kristin Lundstrom of Manchester N.H., his grand children, Colby Lundstrom and Courtney Lundstrom – Dubiel and Nickolas Dubiel, his sister in law, Katharine Lyon, two niece's and a nephew Caroline Lyon Tippin and her husband Chris, Christine Lundstrom Fay and her husband Dave and Richard Lundstrom, his cousin Nancy Murphy and her husband Joe. David was predeceased by his brother Carl William Lundstrom and Brother in law Charles Maurice Lyon.
As was published earlier there will be no public calling hours. There will be a graveside service in May.
Arrangements are with the Whiter-Hendrix Funeral Home, Inc., Ilion
Friends wishing to do so are asked to consider memorials to the New Hartford Presbyterian Church, 45 Genesee St., New Hartford, NY 13413 or The Frankfort Hill Fire Dept., 2235 Albany Rd., Frankfort, NY 13340
The Whiter Funeral Company was started in 1893 by H.A. Whiter and was originally located in Forestport, NY. Following a fire in Forestport our family relocated in Ilion, and reopened the funeral home, in the early 1900's.
100 Otsego Street
Ilion, NY 13357
- April 2014 we launched our brand new website