Obituary of Edward J. Vincent
Edward J. Vincent, 80, passed away Sunday, October 15, 2018 in Little Falls Hospital. Edward was born in Herkimer on September 2, 1938 the son of the late Michael and Mary (Kraszewski) Vincent. He was a graduate of Herkimer High School and received his degree in Manufacturing Engineering from the University of Detroit. Edward was a veteran of the U S Army. in 1967 he was united in marriage with the former Carol Ritchie, she passed away on August 10, 2008. Edward worked for MDS, General Electric/Martin Marietta/Lockheed Martin. He was employed as an Business Officer for the New York State Education Department (VESID-Access/VR) retiring in .2015.
Ed was of the Catholic faith.Throughout his life he was a hardworking gentleman who provided for his family. In his leisure time he enjoyed spending time in the outdoors, loved animals, especially his dogs and enjoyed time spent on his back porch.
He is survived by his 3 daughters Laura and her husband, James Reynolds, Carol, and her children Micah, Emma & Noah, Mary and her longtime boyfriend, Jason Davis, his loving son Edward P., his brother Michael, cousins, nieces & nephews. He was pre deceased by his brother Thomas and sister Mary Hingre.
In keeping with Ed's wishes there will be no public services. Arrangements are with the Whiter-Hendrix Funeral Home, Inc., 100 Otsego St., Ilion, NY.
Friends are asked to consider memorials to the Herkimer County Humane Society PO Box 73, Mohawk, New York 13407.
The family would like to thank: William McCue FNP, Kristin Luke FNP & and the staff at Bassett HealthcarevHerkimer for their years of kindness & compassionate care; Dr. Norman Freund & the staff at Little Falls Hospital for comforting Dad in his last days; Matt Grainger & family for their support & friendship, the Polus family & son Ed's co-workers at Fiberdyne Labs (his Fiberdyne Family), Laura's supervisors & co-workers.
To light a candle and leave an online condolence please go to www.whiter-hendrix.com.
The Whiter Funeral Company was started in 1893 by H.A. Whiter and was originally located in Forestport, NY. Following a fire in Forestport our family relocated in Ilion, and reopened the funeral home, in the early 1900's.
100 Otsego Street
Ilion, NY 13357
- April 2014 we launched our brand new website