Obituary of John W. Casey
Ilion Date Line
John W. "Jack" Casey 90 of 78 Barringer Road Ilion, passed away on Thursday December 20, 2018 at Abraham House in Utica with his loving daughter by his side.
Jack was born December 15, 1928 in Mohawk the son of the late Alfred and Mabel Wilson Casey, he received his education in the Mohawk Central School, and attended Central College in Iowa. Jack was veteran serving in the US Army. On June 25, 1955 Jack was united in marriage to the former Mary Daly, she passed away December 9, 2017.
Jack was the Manager of Ilion Lumber Company for 20 years retiring in 1994, he had also managed Kelly Lumber for a period of time. Jack had an infectious personality and was loved by all, he enjoyed reminiscing his glory days at Mohawk Central School where he was an outstanding athlete during his high school years. Jack loved sharing his many colorful stories with family and friends, especially his daily phone calls with his brother Don. Jack will be missed very much.
Jack is survived by his daughter and son in law Linda and Daniel Trevor of Ilion, his brother Don Casey and his wife Margaret of Mohawk, his granddaughters Rachel Mary, and Morgan and her Fiancé Robin Ackers. Jack was predeceased by his wife Mary, brother Robert Casey and a sister Barbara Shields.
In keeping with Jacks wishes there will be no calling hours or funeral service at this time. Jack will be interned in the Saratoga National Cemetery in the spring with his wife Mary.
The family would like to thank Hospice and Palliative Care and Abraham House for their care and compassion shown Jack and his family during his illness.
The family would like you to consider memorial donations in Jacks memory to The Abraham House 1203 Kemble Street, Utica, New York 13501 or Hospice and Palliative Care Inc. 4277 Middle Settlement Road, New Hartford, NY 13413.
Arrangements are with the Whiter-Hendrix Funeral Inc. 100 Otsego Street Ilion, NY 13357.
To light a candle please go to www.whiter-hendrix.com.
The Whiter Funeral Company was started in 1893 by H.A. Whiter and was originally located in Forestport, NY. Following a fire in Forestport our family relocated in Ilion, and reopened the funeral home, in the early 1900's.
100 Otsego Street
Ilion, NY 13357
- April 2014 we launched our brand new website